Register for the second session of this webcast series, to be held July 12
Food systems have a huge impact on climate and climate has a huge influence on food production. Learn how agriculture and changes in our food system can be a climate solution. Drawdown research has shown that the many facets that go into the global food system produce almost a quarter of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions.
Groundwork: Food+Land+Climate is a series of webcasts in preparation for the upcoming UN Food Systems Summit this September - "Just & Green Recovery" to highlight the issues facing our food & agriculture sector and to showcase the intrinsically linked problems as well as some of the amazing individuals, organizations, businesses & programs already working within this sector of solutions.
The next session titles are:
July 12th: Groundwork: Transformative Farming
The economics, science and art of regenerative agriculture
Confirmed speaker: Mary Delaney, Land over Landings
Aug 9th: Groundwork: Bridging the Rural-Urban Divide
Food from the land - growing our future together!
Confirmed speaker: Sunday Harrison, Green Thumbs Growing Kids
The registration linkis the same for both session as these are parts 2 and 3 of a series.
Stay tuned for details to follow on July 12th and August 9th programs!
Balance is being in harmony with the Earth's life systems, within us and around us, not only individually but in the economic and social systems we have created. To regain balance we need to re-imagine ourselves as an integral part of everything, and everything an integral part of us. Everything we put into the air, the water or the soil we put into our bodies - and our children's bodies and the body of every living thing on Earth. Imagine if:
- Farmers worked to enhance biodiversity on their lands - of plants, animals, insects, birds and microbes
- They shared their knowledge and produce cooperatively for greater productivity all around and were well compensated for their work
- more young people were attracted to farming careers by their idealism, a good healthy work environment and financial stability
- Small scale, intensely cultivated farms, linked system wide, feed cities locally, reducing imports
- Farms become carbon sinks, reducing overall greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere
- Imagine this happening now.
- Because it is happening.
Join us on this journey we are taking together towards a healthier, happier, just and regenerating world.
CLIMATEFAST - www.climatefast.ca
DRAWDOWN-TORONTO - www.drawdowntoronto.ca
ECOJUST FOOD NETWORK - www.ecojustfoodnetwork.ca
GREEN THUMBS GROWING KIDS - https://www.greenthumbsto.org/