In the world of climate justice, is individual action enough? The magnitude of the climate emergency means that we can not stop when we reach the limits of individual action. For widespread, equitable and swift action, advocating collectively for societal change is also critical. This idea connects nicely with the next section of the KTCC - Actions and Solutions - where we suggest that facilitators guide an interactive brainstorm focused on what changes we need. Below, there are a few action call-outs and ideas to help get the brainstorm started!
Updates to come soon, but these sources are generally good ones for current action initiatives.
A few Collective Action Call-outs
- Fridays for Future - Global Strikes and Actions
- EcoJustice and Greenpeace Actions
- 350.org - Stop the Money Pipeline
- 350.org’s In Defense of Black Lives
- Petitions against a corporate oil and gas bailout (and for a just recovery for workers and communities):
Individual Areas for Action
- Reducing my Climate Footprint by Dianne Saxe
- Reducing your Carbon Footprint by KAIROS: Canadian Ecumenical Justice Initiatives
Try a footprint calculator or pledge system....
- Personal Banking Divestment resource: Bankswitch